+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Registered Member
    Member No: 142056 redhornet1 is an unknown quantity at this point redhornet1's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: NEW TIRES AT 7700 MILES?? WTF

We have 46500 miles on our 2005 CTS and just had to pay for the 3rd set of tires. Each time Cadillac blames us for the wear. How did you mother-in-law come out?

Serp

Yes | No

Ok, I have to join this group. I own a 03 CTS (sorry not a V). I have been through 2 sets of the crappy Goodyear RSAs at 55,000 miles. Just had the car in to dealer again today for...yes, the same thing...car rode horrible and tires were cuppling.. so $900 later, new set of tires..and alignment and yes..the dealer again put on the RSAs...said that is what Cadillac recommended. I did complain to service manager and Cadillac customer service...but in the end...nothing. Customer service is sending me a WOW...oil change and normal maintenance deal for 1 year so they can watch the wear of tires...I did wear out the last set in 1 year.... This is exactly why GM is losing market share----Other Luxury cars like ..sorry..yes Lexus is where I am heading...no issues there, plus they care about their customers. Disappointed first time Cadillac owner...and last time Cadillac owner

Registered Member
    Member No: 144889 ea327 is an unknown quantity at this point ea327's Avatar

Yes | No

I guess you guys that are going through tires at 7700 miles must drive like total animals! I got my 2005 V with 27,000 miles on it with brand new Goodyear F1s (OEM) tires. I now have 37,000 miles, have rotated them every 3,000 miles and I show very little if any wear with no cupping. And, I don't drive like an old lady!

Registered Member
    Member No: 141910 skowrone is an unknown quantity at this point skowrone's Avatar

Yes | No

It is difficult to compare wear from owner to owner. Depends on the condition of the roads, type of traffic you drive in as well as the driver. Based on the experience of my brother-in-law, in Maryland my tires would last 2 to 3 times longer than here in Western PA where broken and rough pavement is the norm (including the use of tar and stone chips to resurface). Western Pa has got to be a tire dealers dream location.

To put it in perspective, I was able to soften a set of Bildstein shocks in about 2,000 miles. They are not supposed to soften until they break!2003 530
    1998 M3
    2001 Tundra

Kent

Yes | No

Spare Tire

OK, I'm in the same boat as everyone else... now I put on non-run flats and find no spare tire/rim in the trunk!

Now, can anyone help point me to a great source for a spare?

Missy

Yes | No

Re: I think something is wrong!!!

I have a 2004 CTS and I think something is wrong with my front end. It makes a creaking/popping sound when I turn, stop, or hit a little bump in the road. I can feel it in my steering wheel it seems to be on the drivers side. You can even push on the hood and when it bounces up and down it makes the sound. I have no idea where to start I cant tell where the sound is coming from. Anyone have anything similar happen??

Missy

Yes | No

Front end

I think something is wrong with my front end. When I turn or stop or even hit a bump my front end makes a creaking/popping sound. I can even feel it in the steering wheel.It seems to be on the drivers side mostly but its hard to tell exactly where from.. Help any similar probs anyone?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information