+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 90524 bm007 is an unknown quantity at this point bm007's Avatar

Yes | No

great service at BMW of San Diego...

I usually see a couple of posts about which mechanics or dealer service centers to avoid. I figure a positive message would be useful too...

I use to use Cunningham BMW in El Cajon, but they failed to fix two problems in two of my cars after several visits. When I called them, they never returned my calls afterwards. I finally decided to give BMW of San Diego another try based on more recent good service testimony about them. Before they got bought by UAG, I recall their service to be absolutely horrible. But I guess since UAG reorganized the place, things have changed a LOT!!

They were able to solve both of my problems (strange rattle + intermitent xenon failures) in just one visit and did it very quickly with the utmost professionalism. I highly recommend my service advisor, Glenn Prida.

However, I'm still interested in finding a good independent shop that does good work for under $80/hr. Suggestions???

Registered Member
    Member No: 60075 mplsstar is an unknown quantity at this point mplsstar's Avatar

Yes | No

Mason's BMW independant shop bmw's only

Less than $70?hr labor and Tom is the best BMW mechanic in S.D. in my book 619-275-5088 Tell him Jeremy Neer gave you this reference of service.Jneer750
    1996 750iL
    Silver/Black

Registered Member
    Member No: 23097 Humanoid is an unknown quantity at this point Humanoid's Avatar

Yes | No

Sorry to hear about this. Who was your SA and

do you know the name of the tech who worked on your ride?

Paul330cic

Yes | No

Similar experience

I bought my '04 330cic new at Cunningham. Nice people, but my service experiences were terrible. I took it in twice for a rattle. Both times they told me that they could not replicate the rattle - but that the rattle that they could not replicate was normal! Both times there was no additional mileage on the odometer; they did not even try to replicate the rattle and then lied to me about it. I also took it in for the reprogramming recall. They performed the software update but changed all of the programmed preferences in the process. I called them back to see when I could have the programming repaired but the service advisors were always "busy", could not take my call and then would not return my calls. I had to drive back out there to talk to a service advisor about repairing their repair.

I have since taken it to San Diego BMW and they have been great! Fixed the rattle on the first try, replaced the coils and performed the first service. Each time they were polite, efficient, performed the requested work and provided a free loaner.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information