+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 40311 ekdemos is an unknown quantity at this point ekdemos's Avatar

Yes | No

Custom CSL anyone ever do this?

Has anyone ever took a regular e9 and put the csl racing flares on it and then put a e28 m5 drivetrain into it? I really want to do this. I was wondering how hard it is to find a good e9 body I don't care about the drivetrain (unless I have issues with the rear end of it). I am sure that I am not the first one to think of this so if anyone has any pictures of this that would be great.

bob

Yes | No

Re: Custom CSL anyone ever do this?

i just got fininshed putting Group2 flares and Group5 airdam on a '74 CS. All parts were fiberglass. Used a fiberglass-to-metal bonding agent and blended the flares/airdam into the body. Since my drivetrain was in good condition, I did nothing with that. Email me if you want to see pics of the finished product.

JR, 1978 635, 1988 blk/blk M5
    Member No: JR, 1978 635, 1988 blk/blk M5's Avatar

Yes | No

There was one at Coupefest 2003

The e9/M5 at coupefest had been just comleted. It had e28 subframes, drive train and engine, etc. It was an immaculate job. The car may have also had e34 17x8 Throwing star rims witrhout covers on it. I do not think that the e9 had all the csl bodywork though. But there have been several e9 coupes modified with M5 motors, etc.

Dan

Yes | No

Re: Custom CSL anyone ever do this?

Please send pics!!! I want to do the same.

Registered Member
    Member No: 124822 ventura635 is an unknown quantity at this point ventura635's Avatar

Yes | No

Good Luck finding a rust free E9 body...Ive been

..looking for a decent E9 for over a year...everyone I find is a rust pit..alot of it you cant see, but its there.

Velocewest

Yes | No

There are no rust free e9's

They were rusting by the time thely rolled out of Karmann. There are just e9's that are less rusty than others. Any other assertion is bullpucky.

Tony

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information