+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 115200 tmwsccsh is an unknown quantity at this point tmwsccsh's Avatar

Yes | No

X-Type Radio Removal

Hi.

I have just purchased a UK X-Type 3.0 SE, but it only came as standard with a Cassette Player. I would like to upgrade this to the single-slot CD that I have seen in some cars, but Jaguar want around 500 to do this!!!

I have seen the part I need (CD Radio) on eBay for a more respectable 140. However, I need a bit of info before I go ahead and do this.

Does anyone know how easy it is to remove the radio segment from the centre console on the X-Type, and can I just remove the unit with the cassette and add in the unit with CD in its place and it will all plug and go?

Thanks in advance.

TMW

natb

Yes | No

Re: X-Type Radio Removal

Removal is very easy. I don't know about the second part.

Registered Member
    Member No: 115200 tmwsccsh is an unknown quantity at this point tmwsccsh's Avatar

Yes | No

Can you shed some light on how (without damaging the centre console)?

Thanks in advance.

TMW

C Hendry

Yes | No

I removed my hifi a few weeks ago to cure a rattling from from behind the head unit. This is what I did...

1. Open ashtray cover, remove the internal liner and unclip gear gaiter surround (this just pulls off without too much resistance)

2. Unclip plastic surround for the hazard, electric seats buttons (you'll need finger nails for this!)It's quite easy though.

3. Remove the two torx head screws underneath the above surround

4. Remove the thin plastic cover hiding the two torx head screws behind the ashtray.

5. Gently pull out the whole unit. Word of warning: the heater controls are also attached to the hifi unit and it's quite cumbersome. I would recommend placing a cloth over your centre console to avoid scratching it!

There are a couple of cables and clips attached to the head unit but I wasn't brave enough to tackle those !

Hope this helps

Registered Member

Yes | No

Ah - simple (...) as that - thanks.

How did you figure that out?

TMW

C Hendry

Yes | No

My VW rattled like a tin can so I regularly pulled the fascia to bits in order to relocate wires etc. Just seem to have this thing about dismantling car interiors !

Errrm....putting them BACK on the other hand................

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information