Guys and Gals:

Recently I found out that my engine has had little or no work on it even after being at:

Bavarian Engine Exchange,
3698 Omec Circle
Rancho Cordova, CA 95742

(www.bavengine.com)for almost three (3) months, going on four (4).

Despite weekly calls I don't think they have even cracked the crate I shipped my engine on.

I am now getting calls on, "We need payment".

In which I reply, "Is my engine done and ready to be shipped back?"

They are responding that they need payment before they even begin work!

Is this the proper way to conduct business? Or am I just ignorant on engine rebuilding/payment procedures?

They seem quite inflexible and after two calls to the owner, Brice Eagle, CEO, I am getting return calls from the Operations manager, Nelson who seems to be a nice enough guy and has offered me the option of half payment to begin work.

Tommorrow, they are going to fax me a bill for $6,000.00+ dollars for a rebuilt M70 engine since my 1991 BMW 850i had an overheating problem and supposedly had cracked heads.

I checked with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and they have no unresolved complaints. I consulted with my attorney and he said to at least get a fully, descriptive invoice from them that includes all work and services to be performed.

QUESTIONS:

1) Have any of you had any positive AND ESPECIALLY negative experience with Bavarian Engine Exchange?
2) Is this proper procedure for engine rebuild shops?
3) Should I pay first so they can begin work?
4) Or should I have my motor shipped elsewhere?
5) Am I doing the right thing?
6) Is ther anything you can think of to help me resolve this issue?

Since there seems to be a misfeasance or even malfeaseance issue at hand, I am pretty upset that almost four (4) months later, they are not ready to ship back my engine as their services and sales literature on their website state (nice 5 year warranty).

Any advice would be much appreciated and I look forward to your responses.

Sincerely,

Chris Bryan
Little Rock, Arkansas
501-952-3632
[email protected]