+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    , ,
    Member No: 114913 dynamicdrainage is an unknown quantity at this point dynamicdrainage's Avatar
    Yes | No

318 ti se compact

Hi all, planning on buying one of the above, have seen one for 7,000... its a '99 T reg with 89,000 miles bmw service history upto 60K then serviced in a local garage after that... what i'd like to know is.... is 89,000 miles a lot for that engine? How many miles would a good BMW engine last for? Basically i dont want to buy it if the engines only good to 100K miles! Any advice would be great... thanks guys and girls.

Steve (UK)
    , ,

Yes | No

Re: 318 ti se compact

The engine is the same as fitted to the 318is Coupes and I have seen one of them with a 190K on, friend drove it as it was offered to him in px for his 328i Convert and reported how good it felt despite the big miles esp. on a 4cyl lump.

If it has been looked after with regular oil changes (life blood of any engine)+ coolant changes it will easily make 200K the only thing to watch out for is the head gasket - which isn't the end of the world as long as you don't cook the engine.

That engine with 89k should have plenty of life left as long as it is not or has not been abused.

09/97 528iA SE 5sp Steptronic
    Comos Black with Sand Leather Interior
    Full Alpina Bodystyling
    Full Alpina Suspension
    18" Alpina Alloys
    ACS Mirrors
    Shadowline Trim
    Clears all round
    RD Strut Brace
    RevHigh CAI

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information