+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 91084 Striker1 is an unknown quantity at this point Striker1's Avatar

Yes | No

My Turbo Charged E30

Hi Guys,

We have just finished installing a Stage1 turbo kit in my
    '87 E30 325is
    I am hoping to test fly, I mean test drive :) it in a few days time. I am sure there will be more tweaking, mods and bugs we will still have to work out. I HAVE to do brakes and suspension upgrades as well.
    With stage 2 we should get around 300 HP to the wheels. 300 HH is about what most guys achive who have done it. We made our own turbo adaptors and down pipes so we will see if it does better.

Upon completion I will have a more detailed write up on my website along with videos and more pics.

Raph
    My E30 Turbo Pics

Raph

Registered Member
    Member No: 112251 DouginKy is an unknown quantity at this point DouginKy's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: My Turbo Charged E30

Have you tested your setup yet. Looks like you're pressurizing your AFM. That's not the norm.

Striker

Yes | No

I have done 3 test runs on my car and it runs really well under 9psi boost. Above 9psi we have having a bit of detonation issues. I am currently working on retarding the timing by writing and installing a chip to do so. I have two 450cc boost injectors being fired separately by their own controller so it's not running lean.
    It seems to have no issues with the AFM pressurized.

As soon as thats done I will do a few dyno runs and will post results.

Registered Member
    Member No: 112251 DouginKy is an unknown quantity at this point DouginKy's Avatar

Yes | No

Maybe a silly question, but have you tested to be sure your not lean? How much boost are you hoping to be able to run?

Registered Member
    Member No: 103360 TurboBimmer is an unknown quantity at this point TurboBimmer's Avatar

Yes | No

Am I missing something or what?

Your dyno printout show 139hp at the wheels (160 at the crank). A stock 325is makes 167 hp NA. Please explain...

matt325is

Yes | No

I believe his dyno results are from before he turbocharged his car so he could compare the results.

139whp is very common for NA m20 engines, it is around 165-170hp depending on drivetrain loss... Also remember these cars are getting old, and the engines are losing power anyway.

matt

Registered Member
    Member No: 131980 redandgearhead is an unknown quantity at this point redandgearhead's Avatar

Yes | No

Where did you get the hack of the software from the ECU? Or did you do it yourself?

The one thing holding me back is the ability to message the info on the chip. The amount software in the pre '91 BMW ECM's is very small compared to the GM and Ford ECM's of that time.

Thanks,

Joe

error325i

Yes | No

hi
    i am from belgium and my englisch is not very good i'am sory.
    dit you use a turbo chip for more fuel inject?
    or haw you dit that i have to find uit because i want also to turbo charge my 325i e30 .
    is it nessesery to use boost injectors?
    i just want some of 235 hp. thanks anyway.

turbodave

Yes | No

Hey Ralph
    What did you do for exhaust and turbo manifolds. Where did you obtain them or make them yourself?
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information