Rambling (scroll down if rambling isn't your style)

Hi, I have been working non stop on my 02's since what seems to be the beggining of time (i'm only 21 so thats a relative date). Anywho just as i'm begining to see light at the end of the rusty tunnel. I fell in love, or into some sort of affair with this e3.

http://home.earthlink.net/~stapler123/mini/ground00035_RJsmall.JPG

It is pretty heavilly modified, not all good work either. One of the p.o's shaved everything with the liberal use of bondo. Now i have nothing against the stuff, but if its not done right it starts to pop off. This is precisely what it's doing.

The good thing about it is it has a 3.5 litter from a 85 535i, which motivates the car fairly well, okay, very well. It is lowered within an inch of its' like which kinda looks neat, but I have a feeling the tire are gonna wear verry rapidly. Also the interior is fairly well sorted with some honda seats and new apolstry, though, It looks like it was done by the same guy who did the paint.

The actual questions. (I still tend to ramble)

Anywho Top upon my list of things to do is to put new or used door handles on. The electric actuator thing is just about the most anoying thing to try and work around. I was wondering if sombody could inform me as to wether the door handles are all the same, differ from door to door, or differ from side to side.

My trunk light switch doesnt go anywhere near the sheet metal when closed, so I had to take the light out to keep the battery from draining. Is there a bump stop or a shim that is supposed to go under the switch?

I have looked at the usuall o2 parts sorces, and found that not nearly as many baveria parts are still bing produced. Is it a safe bet that my best luck will be found at salvage yards such as la jolla independant, and double o2 salvage? I'm not that interested in NOS as it is usually a little more expensive, and this car isn't quite that calliber.