+ Reply to Thread
    Joey

Yes | No

Lookin for a clean E30 325is in OR/WA + Intro

Hey guys, I'm Joey. I'm in the market for a clean 1988-'91 E30 325is, my first BMW. While I'm reading as much as I can on the net, I'll be the first to admit I dont know a whole lot about BMW's. Everyone has to start somewhere though, right? I'm pretty mechanically inclined and have a beautiful shop in Hillsboro off West Union and Cornelius Pass where I do all my wrenching. I'm 22, live in North Portland, and attend PCC and PSU full time. A few of my hobbies include wheelin (1980 yota 4x4), riding ('02 F4i, '96 Banshee, '84 XR650), shootin pool, bungee jumpin, and sky diving. I'm lookin forward to becoming one of you

Registered Member
    Member No: 74170 mattkins99 is an unknown quantity at this point mattkins99's Avatar

Yes | No

you missed MWong's E30 by a couple of months.

that would have been a great car except I think it was an 87' Good luck in your search.

Matt Atkins
    Vice President
    Seattle5s
    98' 540i-6 blk/blk
    94' Pathfinder Green/gray

Registered Member
    Member No: 35891 mwong is an unknown quantity at this point mwong's Avatar

Yes | No

Welcome!

Mine was pre-facelift 1987, and not an is. Your wish list is right on, though... a great car if you can find a good example. I still would love an E30 M3 in the collection, but my wife thinks they are ugly.
    =)

You might check on the Puget Sound BMWCCA website for some leads on a good E30.
    http://www.bmwpugetsound.com/

I do miss mine, I must say!

And thanks, Mattkins99, for the nice words!M.Wong
    E38 2000 740iL Orient Blue

E39 2003 540i/6 Sterling Gray (European Delivery)

E30 1987 325i Royal Blue (Passed on to a new family.)

Registered Member
    Member No: 118015 bryanbmw is an unknown quantity at this point bryanbmw's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Lookin for a clean E30 325is in OR/WA + Intro

BMW's are great fun, if you are a problem solver, have a good sense of humor, and enjoy learning--the 325is is a great beginner car. I had a 1989 325is, with factory M3 suspension and geometry and cooled fuel lines (the fuel lines were routed through the AC compressor to "chill" the gasoline when the AC was switched on), for five years, bought it for six thousand in 1997 with 132,000 miles. Sold the car in 2002 for five thousand with 297,000 miles. I commute from Salem to Corvallis via. the back roads (50 miles each way)....

Registered Member
    Member No: 117581 M5Willie is an unknown quantity at this point M5Willie's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Lookin for a clean E30 325is in OR/WA + Intro

Ya know it's funny, three weeks ago I was in the same place you are, almost exactly. Then I drove a friend's M3 and everything went all to hell. By chance after having an M3 sold out from under me I happened upon an e28 M5 and I haven't looked back since. BMW's have their own nuances but so far it seems the crowd is pretty good, and the car is even better. Wrenching on them isn't so bad either, espescially when you've got the guys here on Roadfly to help ya out of a jamb.
    Good luck,
    Will Rogers1998 BMW M5
    1999 Toyota Corolla
    Former owner of three early 90s AWD Eclipses

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information