+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 31888 collinl is an unknown quantity at this point collinl's Avatar

Yes | No

Broken Glove Compartment Opener

The pull handle of the glove compartment came off and now I cannot open the compartment door. Does anyone know how to fix it? Or at least show me how to open it so I can get to the items inside? It's kind of urgent since my registration document is inside. Thanks!

Registered Member
    Member No: 3765 squenton is an unknown quantity at this point squenton's Avatar

Yes | No

type "glove box handle broke off" in search link's

This problem comes up often enough that there should be some fairly recent discussions about it. 8-) Q
    95 525iT (Alpine White)(NEW 7/30/04)
    97 740iL (Arctic Silver)

my Qsilver7 cardomain site

Registered Member
    Member No: 173907 abudeen is an unknown quantity at this point abudeen's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: type glove box handle broke off in search link's

I have a problem with my 89' BMW 525i glove compartment but in my situation the anti-thief system doesn't let me open glove compartment and truck with key. I disconnected the battery then reconnected it and key still can't open them up. It's driving me crazy. Any suggestion?I need help! 89' BMW 525i has a crazy operating system that controls windshield wipers,windows and seat. When one choose to work they all do at the same time but when one doesn't they all don't. I think it may be a relay or sensor connected to their individual electrical system. What can I do?

engmike

Yes | No

Mine just broke off the other day...

engmike

Yes | No

Oops...

Anyway, I was about to say that mine broke off and I can still get into it easy enough by pushing the hook-looking piece sticking down behind where the handle was to the right. You might want to use your other hand to support the glove box weight and it will be easier to move that latch.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information