+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 117190 smalcol is an unknown quantity at this point smalcol's Avatar

Yes | No

Looking for a Bavaria

Looking for a 72-74 bavaria, manual trans, would prefer on west coast. I haven't seen anything good on ebay lately. I don't see anything in the classified's. Please let me know if anyone has one, or knows of a good place to look.

Thanks

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: Looking for a Bavaria

Anyone out there?

Registered Member
    Member No: 74368 Honeygrovefarm is an unknown quantity at this point Honeygrovefarm's Avatar

Yes | No

Seth,
    I've got 2 1975 3.0 Si's that I'd sell. One is a 4 speed while the other is an automatic. Both are quite solid ( Florida cars) with no structural rust and low miles. Unfortunatly for you I'm located in central Florida. Let me know if you're interested as my wife would like to see me pare down my collection

sib

Yes | No

http://www.craigslist.org/sby/car/50173704.html

Registered Member

Yes | No

Jeff,
    I may be interested in the 4-speed, how many miles are on it, and what condition is the car in? Do you have any pictures?

My email is [email protected]

Thanks,
    Seth

Dale

Yes | No

Seth,

I don't know how long you have been watching eBay but there have been soome decent ones there over the last 6-9 months. You have to remember that there just aren't that many of the E3s out there anymore, and the ones that are left are either clapped-out rust buckets, decent but worn-out and in need of attention or (most rare) well-maintained and daily drivable.

Have patience, watch eBay, Roadfly or Collector Car Trader Online (http://www.collectorcartraderonline.com/). There are a few there:

1972 BMW BAVARIA 3.0S, 4-DOOR, INLINE 6 WITH DUAL CARBS, 100% ORIGINAL EURO BUMPERS, CLEAN BODY & INTERIOR, $2100 OR BEST OFFER, 425-213-4581, SEATTLE WA(425) 213-4581

1973 BMW BAVARIA 6 CYLINDERS, 198, 000 MILES, RUNS VERY WELL, BURGUNDY/TAN , 16 X 7 CUSTOM BOYD WHEELS, BILSTEIN SHOCKS, FLOWMASTER EXHAUST, ETC., $3, 000 OR BEST OFFER, 909-725-7338

1974 BMW 3 BAVARIA/RECENT TRANS&ENG REBUILD(SPANISH CYLINDERS HEAD-NO CRACKS) NU BATT/AC(AFTERMARKET CFC FREE)/PAINT IN GOOD SHAPE. A CLASSIC EVERYDAY RIDE!, $4500, 323-465-1261

Also, don't count out the ads in the papers around your area. Find ont how to get into the newspapers on line and take a look at the classifieds. There are still a large number of people out there who just stick an ad in the local rag because that is the way they have always done it.

Seth Malcolm

Yes | No

Thank you Dale,
    I have been watching Ebay mostly and have definitely noticed that the good ones are few and far between. I will definitely start watching collector car trader and roadfly.

Thanks for all the help

Seth Malcolm

Yes | No

So,
    I may buy the

1973 BMW BAVARIA 6 CYLINDERS, 198, 000 MILES, RUNS VERY WELL, BURGUNDY/TAN , 16 X 7 CUSTOM BOYD WHEELS, BILSTEIN SHOCKS, FLOWMASTER EXHAUST, ETC., $3, 000 OR BEST OFFER, 909-725-7338

What do you think of this car? And price? I spoke to the seller and it sounds to be in good condition, my only concern is the number of miles. It sounds like the car has been taken car of, and some improvements have been made to it. The original carbs have been replaced with Webber carbs. After reading through posts, it seems as though some people find this to be an improvement and others a detriment, what is your opinion?

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Seth Malcolm

Dale

Yes | No

Re: Don't forget the Senior Six Registry

Also a good resource is the Senior Six Registry http://www.seniorsix.org/index.html It contains a wealth of information.

Once you do own an E3, you will want to get signed up to the e-mail group. There are both long-time and recent owners, and although the topics of the e-mails can often times be off the topic of E3 BMWs, there is always someone willing to answer questions.

Dale

Velocewest

Yes | No

In Portland, OR, looks interesting...

Tony

Velocewest

Yes | No

Webers

Here's the dealio -- Weber 32/36's are smaller than Zenith INAT 35/40's. Why would you install smaller carbs? Because your lazy mechanic would rather sell you Webers than rebuild and tune your Zeniths, and any primate can set up a 32/36.

Zeniths have an undeserved rep for problems. They do have a problem with warping baseplates, which can be cured with a file. It ain't rocket science, if you fix the vacuum leaks they work great. My 2800CS has the original Zeniths, they start, idle and run like buttah. Webers 32/36's are not an upgrade. 38/38's work OK but get worse mileage than Zeniths or 32/36's.

Tony

Dale

Yes | No

Re: Webers

I like to work on my bavaria, and years ago tried to rebuild the Zeniths. Never did get it running right until I put Webers on it. By the way, what is the comparason cost on a Weber rebuild kit vs. a Zenith rebuild kit, provided you can find one?

Dale

Registered Member
    Member No: 47050 markokamargo is an unknown quantity at this point markokamargo's Avatar

Yes | No

i like the zeniths

i have owned my bavaria since 97 and i have never really had any reason to convert to webers. my zeniths work fine and i can get them to work properly without much fuss.

so, what i am saying is, you don't necesarily have to convert to webers or fret because the car you are interested has zeniths.

buy an E3 and you decide for yourself.

marko

Registered Member
    Member No: 92028 chamonix is an unknown quantity at this point chamonix's Avatar

Yes | No

I may consider selling my 72' it has a rebuilt auto transmission (01/04), a perfect interior and is only driven about four months of the year. I would be glad to email you photos.
    White with blue interior, good original paint. Vehicle all original no modifications.

Seth Malcolm

Yes | No

I actually bought one last weekend, but thanks for the offer.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information