+ Reply to Thread
    RP

Yes | No

Heated Seat Problem?

I recently noticed that the driver heated seat gets mucher warmer on the left side of the seat even in the lowest setting. In the highest setting, it gets almost too hot on one strip of the left side of the seat. Has anyone experienced this? Perhaps a fuse is out?

RP

Registered Member
    Member No: 105668 asaltydog is an unknown quantity at this point asaltydog's Avatar

Yes | No

Exact same problem!

The left seat bolster (drivers seat) on my 01 X5 02/01 build date, has a hot spot in the middle of the bolster. It has even gotten so hot that the leather is puckered up in one spot. Weird that there are others out there with the same problem. I'll be watching this thread for any ideas as to the cause.

RP

Yes | No

Re: Exact same problem!

Did you try to get it fixed under warranty?

RP

Yes | No

Others may have problem but not know it

I think I had this problem for a while but did not realize it since I don't sit on the passenger side often. Last week, I sat on the passenger side with the heated seat on. I was amazed with the difference in feel. The heat was nice and evenly distributed unlike my driver side.

I suspect others have this issue but don't realize it.

Registered Member
    Member No: 105668 asaltydog is an unknown quantity at this point asaltydog's Avatar

Yes | No

No. I bought this one used. The high heat area is only about two inches in diameter but boy, does it get hot!
    Anyone know a fix? I'm guessing it's going to be ....replace seat heater....replace seat cover. Great!

Registered Member
    Member No: 96604 XZ-Driver is an unknown quantity at this point XZ-Driver's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Heated Seat Problem?

I have a 2001 X5 3.0. I purchased it 2 years ago as a CPO and had the same problem with the driver's seat. It got so hot I could not use it even on the lowest setting. The dealer replaced the seat cover under warranty since the heating coils are embedded in the cover. That fixed the problem.

Registered Member
    Member No: 15919 Ginger is an unknown quantity at this point Ginger's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Others may have problem but not know it

Iím with BMW of North America, LLC. Iím sorry to read about this problem with your heated seats. If you want our assistance, please phone us at (800) 831-1117, and mention Reference # 200434400086 so that we can help you more efficiently.

Registered Member

Yes | No

BIG help...right

Just called the # for BMW Customer Relations. I got a young girl that just told me to take my car to the dealer for service....that's it.
    She couldn't offer ANY help or transfer me to anyone that could.
    WHY did someone bother to post the offer to help, when help was not there at "Customer Relations"? Is this normal?

Mr. BMW

Yes | No

I notice some weirdness in the loaner car(M)....

...that I'm driving today. It's an 03 325i. The heat seems to be uneven in my seat. It's not one side or the other but some *spots* on the seat seem to be much hotter than others. I never noticed that in my X5. My X has sport seats and this car does not so I'm not sure if that would matter.

Registered Member
    Member No: 15919 Ginger is an unknown quantity at this point Ginger's Avatar

Yes | No

Iíve sent you an email offering our help.

Please respond to this email with your name, phone number and Vehicle Identification Number, and one of our representatives will get in touch with you.

Mark

Yes | No

Ya, I have the Exact same problem on my 2003 X5 as well. The seat warmer gets so hot on one particular coil, it feels like something is stabbing my leg. The leather on the seat is starting to buckle right over that coil. Frustrating. My car is out of warranty. Wonder if there is a service bulletin on it.

Registered Member
    Member No: 96604 XZ-Driver is an unknown quantity at this point XZ-Driver's Avatar

Yes | No

My X5 was still in warranty when I complained that the driver seat got too hot even in low. The service consultant said the mechanic fount it working properly. I asked the consultant to sit in the seat while the heater was on. I got a new seat cover but I was under warranty. You may be out of luck unless thay have a hidden recall. Good luck

Unregistered

Yes | No

Same issue

My heated seats in my 2003 X5 3.0 got so hot that it burnt a hole throught the seat material. I calle BMW and they also told me to take it to a service centre.

The service centre was not helpful, they said that they would diagnose it for $120.

I told them that its pretty much self diagnosed at this point. It burnt a hole THROUGH the material.

He said its out of warranty.

I got in my truck and left furious.

Maybe I should have burnt myself, or left a tissue on the seat and see if it bursts into flames?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 209.82.62.18

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information