+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 116825 sphengali is an unknown quantity at this point sphengali's Avatar

Yes | No

DSP vs Non-DSP amp sound quality, swap-out?

Tucsonx5 (or anyone who knows!) - I was notified from [Oops!] dot com that you had recently upgraded from a non-DSP amp to a DSP amp - I'm wanting to do exactly the reverse - go from DSP to non, as I've been led to believe that the sound quality is better with non -

What I want to do is output the full-range signal from a non-DSP amp to an aftermarket amp via LOCs, and then replace all the speakers with decent Focals, and a good sub to replace the supposed stock "audiophile" one...

Can you tell me why you wanted a DSP amp, and how you find the sound quality compares? I have the DSP with the echo and crap, just want a good full-range signal that I can split off to aftermarket amps.. do you have the NAV system with non-DSP amp originally?

Thanks in advance,

John

Mark

Yes | No

Re: I'll trade you for my Non-DSP amp

email me if your interested, it's in perfect working condition.

Registered Member
    Member No: 96714 pumalicious is an unknown quantity at this point pumalicious's Avatar

Yes | No

yeah, same here.....

can you cut your cables gling to the amp as well. I will do the same and send you my amp and cables.

2001 BMW X5

Registered Member
    Member No: 116825 sphengali is an unknown quantity at this point sphengali's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: I'll trade you for my Non-DSP amp

I appreciate your and Joe's offer - but you've (obviously!) set off some flags in my brain..

"Why would you want to trade me?" is the question I'm asking myself.. there must be a reason, certainly not out of the goodness of your hearts, even though I'm sure you're both great people... ;-)

So, spill it gentlemen - why do you want a DSP amp? What does it do, control, etc, etc, etc that the non-DSP does not?

I need to know the full ramifications of my decision before making...a decision!

Cheers,

John

Registered Member
    Member No: 64137 paomien is an unknown quantity at this point paomien's Avatar

Yes | No

correct me if I'm wrong, gentlemen ...

DSP amp has more power than the standard amp, and has an output for the subwoofer found in the passenger side compartment in the trunk. It also lets you control "room size" and "echo".

Is there anything else I've missed?

Registered Member

Yes | No

DSP vs non-DSP amp specs

OK, how about input connections for NAV? I need to ensure that it's still going to work with my NAV system - what about the audio ouputs, is it still broken down into 'per speaker' outputs? How many ouputs does it have?

I want to ensure that I can output a full-range signal, but still maintain NAV, and the ability to hook up a carputer, and sirrus raidio.. I will be using one or two aftermarket amps and an aftermarket subwoofer for sure...

John

MartyX5

Yes | No

Re: DSP vs. NON DSP

Why don't you check the audio upgrade wtiteups on ******* ??

MartyX5

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: DSP vs. NON DSP

I have - and I found no mention of anyone going from DSP to non-dsp, only the other way round. Do have a specific write up that you know is what I'm looking for in mind? Either I missed it, or this hasn't been written about yet.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information