+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 117992 kartracer1 is an unknown quantity at this point kartracer1's Avatar

Yes | No

1974 bavaria?

New to the board, just got back in after almost 20 yrs. (1970 1600 and 1970 2002) while looking for a parts car I found a 1974 Bavaria. Any value?

Velocewest

Yes | No

Intrinsic value

i.e., whatever it's worth to you. Bav's are not setting the market on fire. If you wnat more advice, try the Senior Six registry mailing list. Join in the linky.

tony

Murray

Yes | No

Re: Intrinsic value--fine bavs finding new homes

The big bumpered cars are typically a little less sought after Bavs than the small bumpered ones. Three very recent examples FYI

One--a beautifully restored near flawless and developed thoroubred 1973 went for $16,500--one of the best driving and fun early cars I have piloted down US 1 from Monterey South--hated to give it up.

Two--a completely original very low mileage 1972--mechanically and cosmetically as new went for a little over $20,000--the nicest original one I have seen and driven.

Three--am currently doing a major cosmetic and mechanical refurbishing of an original 1973--included is original paint--it is a virtually rust free example--had to replace motor and many underhood items are new or rebuilt to high standards--paint is very good-- interior and trunk are almost as new condition--the remaining list of to do's is getting shorter--when through it will be showable--relentlessly sorted and completely reliable--will be offered at around $14,500 or so.

Registered Member
    Member No: 94105 euroe28m5 is an unknown quantity at this point euroe28m5's Avatar

Yes | No

Okay Murray, you sell that for 14k and you will

have enough money to buy my Alpina B9 clone for 10,500 and I will find another project! ;-) Merry Christmas you old goat. See ya next week. And get that coupe of yours running so I can get my turn at the shop. LOL. All the best to you Murray!
    Ron

Registered Member
    Member No: 117089 exoticas2 is an unknown quantity at this point exoticas2's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: 1974 bavaria?

has seen one totally restored go in the auction go for $60000 guess it depends on the car mine i've been offered by the dealer a trade for new 850i but wont trade i like the older bmws some are worth more than e9 cs because some e3 are rarer than others also seen one like mine go for $150000 in an auction i collect bmws almost have all models from 68 to 81 wont by newer than that but check into the car before u by some are worth nothing really but might be in the future

bmw e9 fan

Yes | No

$150000
    $60000

I think some ones been on the drugs......

Registered Member
    Member No: 117089 exoticas2 is an unknown quantity at this point exoticas2's Avatar

Yes | No

mine is 76 3.0si alpina verry rare car white leather orig 3.5 engine not on drugs try to find one

bmw e9 fan

Yes | No

that in no way makes it woth $150000 dollars, a tad more costly than a ferrari Daytona..... a Lambo Miura..... same price as a Jag xk220 if you think its worth 150k maybe you should consider taking drugs or getting a bit more

Registered Member

Yes | No

didnt say i thought it was worth that much said i seen one sell for that in an auction i would never pay that much though seen one on tv in i believe it was a bently auction sell for $50000 that was about 6 mos back also saw a 3.0cs in nicer shape than the e3 all around went for $25000 i was puzzled though e9 is nicer car i think should be worth more than e3 or maybe was no market at that auction?

Guy

Yes | No

1974 Csi novice

I've bought a solid CSi. I have discovered it has a 2.8 engine. How do I know how old this engine is. I want to restore the car should I hunt out an original 3 litre engine and where can I find one in France?

JJ

Yes | No

John: try some punctuation next time

your posts will be more useful

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information