+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

jim86325es

Yes | No

My rant on Import Automotive in Redlands...

officially is closed.

Best wishes and good luck to anyone in SoCal who desires to have this dedicated team service their vehicle. And pocketbook.

Merry Christmas. Happy New Year.

Registered Member
    Member No: 90524 bm007 is an unknown quantity at this point bm007's Avatar

Yes | No

so, what does this mean?

jim86325es

Yes | No

This means... (very long).

that I am satisfied my posts, and a returned Christmas card to Import Automotive, generated the owner to personally respond to my posts of disatisfaction (via his private correspondence to me).

This means that I am satisifed my opinions have saved many of our peers countless THOUSANDS, read: THOUSANDS, of dollars that otherwise would have been spent on ripoff charges ($159 OBC light install, customer provided part; $425 CA bushing parts and labor; $300+ to BOLT ON 4 CALIPERS and add brake fluid). Likewise, it cost the owner that much in lost sales. Too bad. If I would have been treated fairly (and I recognize fairness) I could have been a repeat customer. I have kids who will be driving. The owner just couldn't see the forest for the trees. I'm also a businessman with many local, state, and federal contacts who WON'T be getting a referral to his shop.

My voice was heard. My voice is heard. Loud and clear.

This means that maybe, just maybe, a slimmer of a chance, that the owner will consider that just because we have "fancy cars", wear a "fancy watch", have a "decent job", wear "nice clothes", or live in a "nice" part of town, we don't want, and refuse, to be taken advantage of. Maybe the next person who enters his shop will receive FAIR and ETHICAL treatment. Not get shafted just because he/she fits a profile.

This means that the owner might give greater consideration to the elderly who have used, and continue to use, his shop. Maybe he will quit operating under the philosophy "the less they know, the more they owe". I can't imagine if someone tried to take advantage of his wife, kids, or parents like that he would stand for it. No way.

This means that everytime someone comes into his shop for estimates/repairs he will have to consider if he is a member/follower of this board. He read my posts. He knows I exercise my rights to voice my opinion in a public forum. He's lucky I didn't apply for a permit to gather and picket his shop. I've the gumption to do that. Wouldn't give a second thought to it. No. I decided to voice my opinion to the proper market: our members.

This means that I will better spend my time on other, equally important matters. However... if ever I read on this forum or any other forum of which I peruse of someone asking for a shop referral, I will STRONGLY ENCOURAGE the person to avoid Import Automotive in Redlands California.

Thank GOD for Freedom of Speech. Thanks to my Mom (rest her soul) for raising me to NEVER let anyone take advantage of you, and if they do, oh well...

So... that is what it "means". Got it? Get it.

And Merry Christmas.

IE Greg

Yes | No

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You should just sue Import Automotive, or report them to the BBB, or the California Department of Consumer Affairs - Bureau of Automotive Repair (see link below).

jim86325es

Yes | No

Oh Greg, get over it...

I just did. Took awhile, but I did.

Merry Christmas.

IE Greg

Yes | No

Merry Christmas, Jim !!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information