+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 19833 mattmolloy is an unknown quantity at this point mattmolloy's Avatar

Yes | No

IL members - Knauz BMW

I am wondering if anyone has had any experiences with a dealership called Karl Knauz BMW - 407 Skokie Valley Hwy. • Lake Bluff, IL 60044 (part of the Knauz auto park)

If so, or if you are near the dealership, could you drop me a line.

thanks,

-Matt

Registered Member
    Member No: 14403 Black_Magic_Warhorse is an unknown quantity at this point Black_Magic_Warhorse's Avatar

Yes | No

re: I've had nothing but good experiences w/ them

They are a class act. I live downtown in Chicago and bought from them even though it is almost an hour drive.

Registered Member
    Member No: 83317 e39fan is an unknown quantity at this point e39fan's Avatar

Yes | No

I agree. Just say "no" to Bill Jacobs BMW

Registered Member
    Member No: 112491 fzooms is an unknown quantity at this point fzooms's Avatar

Yes | No

No way..THAT DEALER SUX

They treated my like crap when i went to buy the new 6. They were like just give the money and get out. I was very dissapointed. they did not give me any update, until i would call over.
    I had also put money down at fields. Fields called told me i could spec my car.
    the next day i called knauz, the sales rep says "i never htought you would buy the car anywayz. its an expensive car not for you.
    i was just like "f... you"

so then i got the car from fields.

Registered Member
    Member No: 123007 pdce24e39 is an unknown quantity at this point pdce24e39's Avatar

Yes | No

I've had good and bad...

The dealer is only as good as it's people. I bought my 6 from there 10 yrs ago. The service has been up and down. They seem to respond better when you fill out the surveys upon completion of the work.

I honestly think there service area is trying a bit harder these days, no customer service award banners since 2001 (?). Maybe because there is too much $ in the surrounding area? Like with any dealer you must be persistant to get what YOU want.

I use a small shop just north of there for all maintenance and bring it to the Knauz when I have to. They are very close to where I work so that plays a big part for me.

Good luck.
    Pete

Registered Member
    Member No: 127178 msingh5649 is an unknown quantity at this point msingh5649's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: I agree. Just say

Oh great....my z4 in for service there now...what's a good dealer experience?

Registered Member
    Member No: 129338 Adams540iA is an unknown quantity at this point Adams540iA's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: IL members - Knauz BMW

I have had great experiences with Perillo downtown Chicago. 3 service inspections for free. Purchased two cars from them - 540 and M5. Like someone else said, find someone that will take care of you and continue to use/buy from the.

Registered Member
    Member No: 119297 pauljghosh is an unknown quantity at this point pauljghosh's Avatar

Yes | No

which small shop do you take your car to?

Are they good at doing alignments?

Registered Member
    Member No: 123007 pdce24e39 is an unknown quantity at this point pdce24e39's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: which small shop do you take your car to?

WOW, Its been awhile.
    Autowerks/Rauch Performance (Howard & Bob): Rt41, Lake Bluff. Good general BMW repairs.
    No allignment equip there. I've used Waukegan Tire (Greyslake). Very friendly, customer service oriented. I use to by Nokians online but now I use them. They matched or beat the online $ and that's with installation.

Pete
    BMWCCA (Windy City)#129632

Panos

Yes | No

chicago shop

ac

Yes | No

My best experience so far has been with Motor Works in Barrington. Knauz sucks, specially if you did not buy the car from them.

Registered Member
    Member No: 130705 mmalosh is an unknown quantity at this point mmalosh's Avatar

Yes | No

I just purchased an M3 Convertible from Motorwerks Certified and had a great experience. They kind of messed up my deposit but they rectified it quickly and mailed my new mats to me.

Bob Jones

Yes | No

Re: I agree. Just say no to Bill Jacobs BMW

They are anything but GENUINE. They have a woman leader that has no clue how to run a car dealership. This is the last place to buy a car, bad service, bad sales and Awful PRESIDENT.

Val

Yes | No

They have a history of poor service and fabricated repairs that are not needed. I have had over the years several situations where they gave me estimates for work either not required or not performed, I once smelled fuel inside by BMW and they said my tank needed to be replaced at a cost of $1,200.00 but when I took the car to another dealer because I saw no signs of any leaks, it was a $15.00 hose that came loose. Another time they said my A/C was shot and needed a full replacement and that they filled it with Freon and it all leaked out, so they said, but when I went to another dealer again, they never filled with a special tracing color Freon for there were non inside the system and all the car needed was a re-fill of Freon. I also had a vibration in the front and they changed my lower control arms but the problem never went away and again I took it to another dealer and it was a bad tire. I live just down the street from them, that’s why I occasionally over the years went to service my BMW and Benz and keep kicking myself for it. I also own new Benze's and I take it to them cause its under a warranty, so let them rip of Mercedes. There are many people that I know that live here on the North Shore that had the same experiences with them, I am not the only one. They have a reputation for service fraud and many complaints filed with the Attorney Generals office. They will rip you off and make stories up as to the repairs needed or performed. Watch out for they will steal from you every opportunity they get because their service techs make commissions, so the more work they do the more money the service tech's make. Complaining to management gets you no where.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information