+ Reply to Thread
    Icabob

Yes | No

You know its going to be a bad day when.....

This past tues,I went to open my door and next thing I know my door handle is still in my hand...lol.Stupid me I went to Bavaria BMW and asked when I could get in to have it fixed,they told me the 24th of Jan???????? I couldn't believe it,2 weeks of crawling over my shifter to go out the passenger door.So I said F*ck this,and went across the road to Karmac and they got my in at 1300 the same day.I can't wait till the new south side shop opens up,cause I've pretty much had it with the snobby service people at Bavaria...especially that little cocky [Oops!] Leon...lol.Well I guess I'm done ranting...lol.

Everyone keep all 4 tires on the road this cold spell.

fast1eddy

Yes | No

Heard those comments a lot lately.......

about Bavaria. My experiences have all been good but then i don't go there much. I bought the car there and buy dealer only parts there but thats about it.My neighbor bought his car from Vancouver after Bavaria refused to match the price and a friend bought a Mercedes from Dave Morris after the salesman at Bavaria refused to take him seriously.

Icabob

Yes | No

Re: Heard those comments a lot lately.......

I don't have a problem with the sales people,this is our second car through them,and didn't have any problems with anyone in sales.BUT the service people is another problem...lol.If I didn't like bimmers so much,then I'd probably buy elsewhere,but I don't think much else compares to bmw.

Registered Member
    Member No: 73627 bpepper19 is an unknown quantity at this point bpepper19's Avatar

Yes | No

Is the new store going to be the same owners? And is Bavaria owned by the same people that own Calgary/Gallery?

Icabob

Yes | No

The new southside store is going to be under new ownership,and I'm not sure if the bavaria in cowtown is owned by the person as the one up here.But if you go and do a google search for bmw dealers,there's a lot of bavaria bmw's out there...lol.

Registered Member
    Member No: 73627 bpepper19 is an unknown quantity at this point bpepper19's Avatar

Yes | No

The ones in Calgary are called Calgary BMW and Gallery BMW. They own Calgary Honda, Dilawri BMW in Saskatchewan, and probably a few more others. So generally they probably have a lot of the same problems. There used to be a website against the owners of these dealerships, I can't remember what it was though. I haven't had a lot of trouble in Calgary, the service guys have been pretty good even though a little uninformed. I'm not too confident I am going to get the best sales service when my lease is up in April though. Currently mulling over my options.

Paul

Yes | No

I heard that it was the Yachimec family ...

who is building the new dealership. (At least that's what my Dad told me.) The service at Bavaria is ok I just think they're overextended.

Icabob

Yes | No

Re: I heard that it was the Yachimec family ...

I was told by one of the sales guys at bavaria who was buying the south side bimmer shop,but don't remember the name,it could be the folks you said?? Plus bavaria is moving sometime this year a bit further west down stony plain road,by the new wal mart.The shop is supposed to be twice the size as the current one,with the service dept underground,which means twice the size.I only hope the service improves as well,cause its now closer to me in stony plain.

Icabob Crane
    2000 540iA
    Black w/shadowline tinting

Registered Member
    Member No: 109445 abigrace is an unknown quantity at this point abigrace's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: You know its going to be a bad day when.....

Next time go see Frank at Alberta Motorwerks, he is great

Icabob

Yes | No

Where is that?

DonP

Yes | No

Alberta Motorworks
    #35 4004 97 street
    Edmonton
    (780) 466-9140

Icabob

Yes | No

Thanks

Registered Member
    Member No: 81972 eslubik is an unknown quantity at this point eslubik's Avatar

Yes | No

Do you have more info?

Paul, if you have more info on this can you email me or post here? I am in Red Deer and there are a few people here that would be very interested in talking to the owners of the new Edmonton BMW dealership.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information