+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 111321 debshultz is an unknown quantity at this point debshultz's Avatar

Yes | No

General question on BMW Pricing

It's been a number of years since I owned a BMW, but shortly (hopefully) to order an E90. Can anyone out there comment on what they consider to be a fair discount from MSRP.

I live in San Diego, but have always purchased in LA or OC. Any recommendations down here. Thanks!

Registered Member
    Member No: 90524 bm007 is an unknown quantity at this point bm007's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: General question on BMW Pricing

i don't really think you can get much of a discount from MSRP with a new model and especially if you're going to order it vs. buying what the dealer has on their lots.

one way to get the best deal possible is to go thru the local Costco program. In San Diego, Costco has a deal w/ Cunningham BMW.. call up costco 1st to get the referral. Under that program/deal, the dealer has a fixed margin and they disclose their invoice cost to you. Last time i used that method, i think the margin above dealer invoice they wanted was $1250 or something like that.... no negotiating at all and you know how much the dealer is making off the deal.

in my case, i used the dealer invoice information to negotiate down another dealer and got an even better price. but that was a rare situation on a end of life model that was going out.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information