+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 119151 stukatz90210 is an unknown quantity at this point stukatz90210's Avatar

Yes | No

Sale at tirerack.com

I just bought a set of Goodyear F1 GS-D3 265/35/18 for $250 Can Each.

A local tire shop here in town quoted me $577 Can each

1999 540/6 Royal Red

Registered Member
    Member No: 118980 freeheelin is an unknown quantity at this point freeheelin's Avatar

Yes | No

Re:How does one purchase?

Must I go to the tirerack.com site?
    Please advise.I need summer tires.
    thankyou.

Registered Member
    Member No: 118980 freeheelin is an unknown quantity at this point freeheelin's Avatar

Yes | No

Re:Total cost after UPS and customs?

Hi Stukatz.Ok I figured out the how to for ordering.Tell me please what the total cost was after UPS and clearing of customs.In other words...what was the TOTAL cost...CDN.?
    THANX.

Registered Member
    Member No: 119151 stukatz90210 is an unknown quantity at this point stukatz90210's Avatar

Yes | No

Fed Ex & Canada Customs

Delivery was $86US (for all 4 tires) to Calgary. I was told it will take about a week.
    When They deliver Fed Ex will collect the GST (which you have to pay anyway) and about $50 for customs brokerage fees. Because I bought American made tires (Goodyear) I did not pay duty. If I had bought foreign made tires I would of had to pay an additional duty of 7%.The UPS web site has all this info.
    I hope this helps 1999 540/6 Royal Red

Registered Member

Yes | No

One more thing...

I ordered them from a rep named Alex he was most helpful1999 540/6 Royal Red

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: One more thing...

Did you phone said "Alex?"

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: The 1-888 tel. no. doesnt work out of Canada.

Thankyou for your quik reply.Please,if indeed you did call ALEX,what was the number you dialed?
    Thanx again.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: The 1-888 tel. no. doesnt work out of Canada.

Try this1999 540/6 Royal Red

Klaus

Yes | No

Try these guys in BC

http://www.tiretrends.com

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: Thanx Klaus...done deal.

Now Im a happy camper :)

Registered Member
    Member No: 84205 BigBadBen is an unknown quantity at this point BigBadBen's Avatar

Yes | No

I will be interested to know if you get a steering

wheel shimmy when the tires are cold. I bought a set of these from the Tire Rack last year. I found I got a lot of shimmy when the outside termperature was cool. It only went away in the middle of summer when it was hot....I live in Kelowna so you know what I mean.

I only had the GY's for about 5 months and replaced them with Michelin PS2's....and guess what NO shimmy even when I used them up untill mid Nov when the temps were below freezing.

Don't get me wrong the GY GS-D3's are a great tire but there is a reason they are the price they are....they have very soft side walls, the nylon inners do compress and the tire goes out of round.

Also, I have they changed manufacturing to the US as the GS-D3's I bought last year were made in Germany. I paid 7.1% duty on mine.

Cheers,

Ben

Registered Member

Yes | No

Hi Ben....Please...tell me whether.......

you experienced this shimmy reguardless of outside temp.?
    As in......did you have the shimmy with the Goodyears when it was cool/cold, EVEN THOUGH the tires had a chance to warm up already?

Im trying to get a response [from your post] from Jim at tirerack but im not sure Im wording my/your post correctly.

Thanx.

BigBadBen

Yes | No

I tell you this and I am not bashing GY tires OK,

I went through misery trying to get those GY's balanced. I had it done like 5 times on a Hunter 9700 with road force at Kal-tire to get rid of the shimmy.

All the tires required tons of weights to get them what appeared to be balanced back in March of last year. Everything looked good at KT, drove around, all ok. Went home, car sat for 5 hours parked in my garage, went out again and the shimmy was there right away.

Put my winters back on Mich Pilot Alpins, NO Shimmy at all, mind you they are 17" wheels not 18's like the summers.

Put the GY's back on shimmy came back. It ONLY went away when it was like 20 deg at night and daytime temp of 25-30...you know Kelowna.

I ended up getting rid of the GY's bought the Mich PS2's and wow what a difference. Firstly one tire needed no weights, the others used next to no weights to get them balanced.....now that is a sign of QC in the factory without a doubt. NO SHIMMY AT ALL, at anytime even when it got colder in Oct/Nov. You pay way more for the Michelins but IMO they make the best performing tires on the planet..its a real pain that they are so expensive.

Thats about it....I have not made any of this up, its all true. I will not buy GY tires again for a car like mine..its just not worth it. A BMW is such a well built car that you will feel these issues...it ain't no Chev remember.

Cheers,

Ben

Andrew

Yes | No

I buy all my tires from the States and pick them

up in either Bellingham or have them shipped to me in Vancouver. Most times I don't even get a bill for GST and the savings are massive. The next set I'm buying is a set of 225 / 40 / 18 SO-3's and I'll save almost 50% off the best cost I could find in Vancouver.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Hey Ben,this too....

Sorry too, if I used your words/post for my question to [email protected] suspect he doesnt want to give me the truth because tires ARE his business.

Peace!

Icabob

Yes | No

Who do you buy them through??

Andrew

Yes | No

Toyo T1S are $149 a tire at edgeracing.com for

225/40/18. At 1010tires.com (Volco out of Vancouver) the exact same tires are $319 per....do the math and my landed cost if I get hit with duty and shipping is just about $1k as opposed to $1,454 or so if I buy locally.

I may even have these mounted in the States.

Andrew

Yes | No

Yes I changed my mind from the SO-3's to go

with the Toyo's. Heard great things and the price is awesome.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Tires showed up...

Well the tires showed up. All in cost was $1150 Canadian. 1999 540/6 Royal Red
    M5 Clears
    Style 65 (M5) Wheels/Tires

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information