+ Reply to Thread
    Icabob

Yes | No

Anyone have any weird problems.....

Did anyone have any weird problems acouple of weeks ago during that cold snap??ie...creeks,starting problems...etc.

Registered Member
    Member No: 118980 freeheelin is an unknown quantity at this point freeheelin's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Anyone have any weird problems.....

My door wouldnt close until I drove for half an hour with the heat blasting.I was told that the locks were iced,and this would make sense becuase I washed up just before the cold snap.

Was told to WD-40 the locks and handles once things dried up in there.

Last year my weak battery froze solid during the cold snap.180 bux see you later for a new one.Didnt happen this year because it was still new-ish.

Icabob

Yes | No

Had the same problem

Same thing with my doors,happened once,then I wiped my door jams with a rag after I washed it,and I didn't have the problem after that.
    Other than the doors,my 540 ran like a dream,mind you shes in a garage all night as well.Ohhhh,you probably heard about my drivers side door handle breaking off...lol.THAT was fun...lol.

Registered Member
    Member No: 118980 freeheelin is an unknown quantity at this point freeheelin's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Had any problems with.....

I THINK it a problem with the bushings.The rubber parts[for lack of a better term] up front.At a standstill with the wheel unlocked,if i turn the steering wheel ver so lightly clockwise theres an audible creaking sound from the drivers side wheel that can too be heard inside the car...coming from the steering wheel.
    I was told it may be the bushings and that with time they dry out and or get caked with guck.
    It may be just a mater of cleaning them up...then WD-40-ING them.Imay as well need a front end inspection.ughhh.

Any thoughts?

Icabob

Yes | No

Wd-40 them.....

BUT read the label on the can,cause some sprays will eat rubber away over time.Thats the cheap way to go,give it a try,then atleast you know you tried?? I forgot one thing about my car,I have a noise coming from the right side cover(looking at the engine from the front ),I took it to bavaria,and they told me it was some sort of chain...can't remember the name.Now the noise is getting louder,and really annoying me,cause I'm really [Oops!] when it comes to my vehs.I took it to Karmac when I got my drivers side door handle replaced,they listened to it and said it was the hydraulic chain tensioner,and that I should get it fixed in the future,not a big deal...yet.When I took it into bavaria a few months ago,they told me it was a normal thing,but they also said they couldn't hear the noise I was talking about.NO SH*T...they had 4 radios just cranked playing Metallica...lol.So now I have to go in and deal with bavaria about this,my car's still under extended warranty,so HOPEFULLY its covered. Has anyone else had/have this problem??

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: Wd-40 them.....

If you are ever out Calgary way...consider two square motors.They specialize in Fine germna autos.They are my mechanics and their labour rate is about 10 bux/hr less than BMW Crowfoot.

gunter

Yes | No

with this weather i'm surprice things are still

running. and yes all the problems you mentioned are quite common. i hate !#^%&$#% winter.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information