+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

www.bmw2002.co.uk

Yes | No

1-Series VAN?

I'm hearing rumours of a 1-Series Van.

I can't find anything else yet, but will let you know if I do.

Richard.
    o==00==o

Front-midship-layout
    Member No: Front-midship-layout's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: 1-Series VAN?

I've seen Paintbrushed "pics",and according them it'll be uglier than 5dr sports-hatch.But it probably has more space than current 1er,which,let's face it,is not offering class leading amount of space. But I doubt they'll badge it as V1.

www.bmw2002.co.uk

Yes | No

Or "V2" of course .....

Image the Whine from the Supercharger, would send us running for cover if we heard one coming ;o)

Registered Member
    Member No: 82992 RickKap is an unknown quantity at this point RickKap's Avatar

Yes | No

A multipurpose vehicle from BMW is coming by 08

http://autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=101752

BMW will use its large SUV platform as the basis for its much-discussed multipurpose vehicle.

"We have made this fundamental decision," Burkhard Goeschel, BMW's board member in charge of r&d, told Automobilwoche, a sister publication of AutoWeek.

Company officials say the multipurpose vehicle will share its platform with the successor to the X5 SUV, due at the end of 2006.

That means the multipurpose vehicle is likely to be produced alongside the next X5 in Spartanburg, S.C. BMW won't confirm where the car will be built, but it does expect the United States to be the top sales market for the new model.

Goeschel's demand for "maximum space" for the multipurpose vehicle meant that the platform for the BMW X3 SUV would be too small. The multipurpose vehicle will have up to seven seats. The X3 is built for BMW by contract assembler Magna Steyr in Graz, Austria.

A decision on the multipurpose vehicle's final shape is expected before the end of 2005. The car's world premiere is set for 2007, with sales starting in early 2008. - Wolfgang Eschment

mechanical lsd

Yes | No

Re: A multipurpose vehicle from BMW is coming by 08

X5-basis may well offer space for 7,something the 1er platform won't.Heck some would argue the 1er is actually a 2+2!
    I recall the large mini-van codenamed as V5 so as not to confuse it with 5er wagon or X5!

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: A multipurpose vehicle from BMW is coming by 08

sad isn't it?

Registered Member

Yes | No

1-Series VAN?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information