+ Reply to Thread
    Michael

Yes | No

Daytime running lights (DRL) on E30s?

Did any of the later E30s in Canada come with factory daytime running lights? I've seen the E36 write-up at http://www.unofficialbmw.com/e36/electrical/e36_daytime_running_lights.html, and I was wondering if a similar retrofit was possible for an E30. A part # would be especially helpful.

thanks

Michael

Icabob

Yes | No

try the E30 page,might be able to help??

Shayne

Yes | No

Re: Daytime running lights (DRL) on E30s?

Any Canadian vehicle after 1990 had DRL's. This is a difficult addition vehicles that did not have it but the simple fix is to jump the terminals at the headlamps switch.
    Your outers will be on whenever the ignition is in the 'Run' position but you cannot cancel it by applying the park brake unless you are industrious and add a relay to that circuit. Another poor aspect of this is that the inners can be turned on inadvertently so you would be running with all headlamps blazing... the dash indicator does show but who looks!?
    I had to do this to my imported E34 but will be removing it in favour of city lights.

Shayne
    525iTA

Shayne

Yes | No

Re: Daytime running lights (DRL) on E30s?

If you have access to an EWD pull the headlmap switch out of the dash (no need to unplug it) and use a wire connector ( http://multimedia.mmm.com/mws/mediawebserver.dyn?7777771amfi7oYv7HYv777Z_Mf8uuuu T- ) to connect, in my case, the Yellow wire to the Green wire with a Blue stripe. Your EWD will have a schematic for your vehicle.

Shayne
    525iTA

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information