+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 121018 khansdad is an unknown quantity at this point khansdad's Avatar

Yes | No

Santa Monica BMW rated "F" by Better Business

DO NOT GO TO SANTA MONICA BMW.

-They have an F rating with the Better Business Bureau (Lowest grade out of 11 ratings)
    -They have 14 complaints within the last 36 months filed at the BBB.
    -The complaints seem to relate mostly to their Service Department and Used car sales.

You can read all the details at the Better Business Bureaus website:
    http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Business...anyID=45015&sm=

I recently brought my car in there for service and it was quickly back in the shop for a related problem that they felt no accountability for. During the process I was shocked at the Service Departments rudeness and outright lies. I spoke to their Service Manager and was surprised to find a similar attitude. He even refused to give any contact information, even e-mail, for anyone senior to lodge an official complaint.

In logging a complaint with the Better Business Bureau I noticed their company rating and their complaint statistics, which I thought should be shared.

Please pass this on to other BMW owners. Don't let them get screwed like i did.

I relate

Yes | No

Re: Santa Monica BMW rated F by BBB

I had a VERY similar experience with them, and was shocked at how I was treated and the lack of professionalism. I would not recommend this dealer to anyone, for service OR sales. They are ok so long as you don't have any problem with your car, but the second you do you will discover an utter lack of integrity and professionalism.

Registered Member
    Member No: 116561 grahambishop is an unknown quantity at this point grahambishop's Avatar

Yes | No

How in the name of heaven do these guys stay in business? How do they manage to hold on to the franchise? Graham

ALSO NOT HAPPY W/ SOUTH BAY BMW SERVICE
    Member No: ALSO NOT HAPPY W/ SOUTH BAY BMW SERVICE's Avatar

Yes | No

Gosh, wish I had read all this before I went to SB BMW. I too filed with BBB and the STILL have an F rating. I will have to post my full story soon.

In response to the question above on how they manage to hold on to their franchise ... well in the course of my dispute I did bring it to the attention of Corporate BMW. Here's a quote from the response I received from Corporate BMW ....
    "BMW centers are independently owned and operated and responsible for their representations, sales, policies, and procedures."

So to answer you question ... Corporate BMW Does Not Care If A Dealer Trashes Their Name. go figure.

duja

Yes | No

So is there a good BMW repair shop in town?

Alyssa

Yes | No

hahaha... I was driving home today and was rudely cut in front of by a white 328i with plates SMBMW11. I was keeping an intersection clear (not blocking it) while waiting foe he light to change when the white BMW behind me calmly drives around me to the right, cuts in line in front of me, and blocks the intersection. FN b*tch. I was so irate that I looked up the phone number on google to complain... And found all of these posts. Haha. Seems to be par for the course with SM BMW. I think I'll still call---but I'll let them know I know they have an F rating. I shouldn't have expected any better.

david

Yes | No

German Auto Technik AG
    1654 19th St
    Santa Monica, CA 90404
    Phone: (310) 828-6004

Gutram is the owner. They have a small, clean shop. Very honest and knowledgeable. Have been taking my BMW there for years. These guys are great!

Stunned

Yes | No

I too was left speechless by the way I was treated at Santa Monica BMW service. The woman who was assigned to me was inconceivably condescending and rude. Additionally, the never were abel to figure out what was wrong with my car, but charged my $120 to put in a washer and screw saying they had hoped it might fix the problem. (the problem as it turned out, was a broken heater core in the dash that was leaking anitfreeze into my car and fogging the windshield to the point where I couldn't see out of it.) The kept the car overnight, then made me bring it back a second time, and still couldn't figure it out. (When I went to Bev Hills BMW, the service guy knew what the problem was as soon as I described it.) When I got rude service from SM BMW and was pissed that they charged me $120 to fix nothing, I spoke to the service manager, who absolutely set the bar for rudeness and unprofessionalism, and finally hung up on me. I was shocked and stunned at how I was treated. Avoid this place at all costs.

furthur88735i

Yes | No

Re: Santa Monica BMW rated F by Better Business

You should try the parts department. Three times i shopped with them they gave me three wrong parts. Even with me standing there with the parts i wanted to replace they got it wrong. They dont seem on the ball there.

microsys

future non bmw owner
    Member No: future non bmw owner's Avatar

Yes | No

thank you so much for posting this-
    i have taken my car there for service 3 times, each time i ask myself "why am i putting myself through this". it never occured to me to file a complaint with BBB. last halloween i was actually cursed at! - i was bringing in some left over halloween candy into my office, so i was holding on to it while i was passed from one angry/rude person to another- after an hour and i am finally helped- the first person who passed me off walks up to me and says "...if you had shared that F%*#ing candy, things might have gone smoother."

i was so shocked and frustrated i had no idea how to react. i just grabbed my keyes and left. i thought it was just me, again-
    thank you so much for posting this.

Payback

Yes | No

To add to the chorus...

I bought my E39 from SM BMW, and although I received subpar performance from their service dept, I liked the finance mngr enough to place a $500 deposit on an E36 M3 one year before they hit the showroom. He signed an agreement to sell the car at MSRP, and we made a copy of my check (with "to be sold at MSRP" clearly indicated on the check). When the car became available, they reneged on the sale, asking $15k over MSRP. I had a lawyer friend send them a nastygram, and I reported the incident to all regulatory bodies. The SM City Attorney took over the matter, made their life miserable for a few months, and I bought an Audi instead. This is the worst dealership I've ever encountered, and I've owned a lot of cars.

Payback

benjamin johnson

Yes | No

where would you recommend for bmw service? i recently went to santa monica bmw and they quoted me over one thousand dollars for a type two service inspection. every other (non-dealer) repair facility has quoted between one hundred to four hundred dollars.

Bad Service, Bad Attitude, Horrible
    Member No: Bad Service, Bad Attitude, Horrible's Avatar

Yes | No

They are the worst behaved dealer I have ever dealt with . I just can not understand how they can be in business without ripping people off. Horrible staff, rude and unappreciative of your business while being as one of the most BMW dealers in Southern California. Owner is a ruthless human being. The service manager a power hungry deep [Oops!].

DO NOT EVER GIVE YOUR MONEY TO THEM..

Aaron

Yes | No

Brought my 525i in for new brakes. The car was returned with a large gash in the bottom right panel. Frame dented in. Santa Monica BMW was responsible for a few thousand dollars in repairs. I had to argue with the service associate to get this repaired. Manager approved. Recently had the front light bulb changed. Again, service associate said warranty covered. Did not. After arguing with the service associate Santa Monica BMW was responsible for over $100 in repair. Customer service is the worst.

Mike Weber

Yes | No

BMW OF SANTA MONICA. After looking at my BMW X5 for a coolant leak complaint the service advisor estimated repairs at $9500.00. After declining the work I picked up the car and took it to another shop. Upon opening the hood we discovered that BMW of Santa Monica had returned the car to me with all the plastic engine covers missing, the air conditioning hoses missing, and a number of other original factory parts not returned to the engine compartment. The dealership sent the parts over by messenger to the other shop which repaired the coolant problem for $275.00. The car has been perfect for 9 months. Go BMW of SANTA MONICA. Robbers. Mike Weber Nov. 22, 2008

Mike Weber

Yes | No

My Review of Santa Monica BMW:
    BMW OF SANTA MONICA. After looking at my BMW X5 for a coolant leak complaint the service advisor estimated repairs at $9500.00. (I'm not exageratting ). After declining the work I picked up the car and took it to another shop. Upon opening the hood we discovered that BMW of Santa Monica had returned the car to me with all the plastic engine covers missing, the air conditioning hoses missing,the air filter pieces missing and a number of other original factory parts not returned to the engine compartment. When I brought this to their attention the dealership said nothing and ultimately at my insistence sent the parts over by messenger. The 2nd shop replaced the parts for free and repaired the coolant problem for $275.00. The car has been perfect for 9 months. BMW of SANTA MONICA. Robbers. Mike Weber Nov. 22, 2008

Mike

Yes | No

I agree! They're terrible. Pushy, obnoxious and ready to give you a long, expensive list of everything wrong with your car. Stay away! I'm surprised BMW hasn't taken away their franchise.

josh

Yes | No

I agree santa monica bmw is horrible. They could care less about any of their customers literally.

Totally disagree!

Yes | No

I've had to take our BMW in twice for routine maintenance in the last 6 months. The work was done professionally and on time. The intake clerk was solicitous and offered a free shuttle home. They picked me up several hours later and presented a clean, well maintained car. Since it was still under warrenty everything they did was covered and they didn't charge one cent. They couldn't have been nicer!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information