+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 33605 mandaguy is an unknown quantity at this point mandaguy's Avatar

Yes | No

Bluetooth Pairing Question - 2005 M3 Convertible

I just picked up my new 2005 M3 Convertible (CB/Cin/SMG!!!) which is supposed to be bluetooth enabled. I also have a moto V3 Razr phone which is supposed to be fully compatable with the bmw bluetooth system.

I can't get get my phone find the bluetooth device in the car. Is there something I need to do to the car to turn bluetooth on? While at the dealer my sales guy couldn't get it to work - told me to read about it in the manual. But there is not info in the manual on the car's bluetooth.

So - who has been able to get their phones to pair with the M3's OEM bluetooth? Can you provide specific instruction?

Thanks in advance

GGG

Yes | No

Should be in the manual

Is in my case. I have from "BMW Universal Bluetooth TM Hands-Free System (ULF) Owner’s Manual", Pairing procedure...

1. Depress the send /receive (pairing) button located in the center
    console, for at least 1 second prior to switching on the ignition and
    continue to hold the button down for approximately 2-3 seconds after
    the ignition is turned on.

2. Release the button.

Once you see "BT PAIRING" on the radio, it is all straight forward...

bsavino

Yes | No

Re: Bluetooth Pairing Question - 2005 M3 Convertible

try this: 1. turn the key to turn the radio on 2. make the phone so it "discovers". 3. pur i the pass key number supplied in your owner's kit. 4. turn the key off for 30 secs. 5. turn the key on and the phone should pair with the car. it takes a while the first time for the phone book to download. sometimes you have to repeat the procedure (many times at that!!) i just got my '05 imola red and it worked fine with the razor. good luck, keep trying very frustrating though...

bsavino

Yes | No

Re: Should be in the manual

no pairing button in the '05 bt system

Registered Member
    Member No: 65194 patton03m3 is an unknown quantity at this point patton03m3's Avatar

Yes | No

I paired my 6310i in a dealer's showroom...

...the other day. I had BT in my 03 and it required a pairing button. The new one is easier - you tell your phone, within I think 2 minutes of turning the key to position 2, to search for BT devices. Then it will ask for the BT code, which is on a card that should come with the car. It worked on my 6310i. Note this was an 05 coupe with Assist. If you don't have that card/code you likely will not be able to pair the phone. I have heard that the 05's have BT built in - but I'm not positive about that. Good Luck!

'05s. My bad. - GGG
    Member No: '05s.  My bad. - GGG's Avatar

Yes | No

Seems '03 retrofitted system is different. than

KMan

Yes | No

I have a 2004 M3 Convertible with Nav system and recently purchased a Razr Bluetooth phone. I was told by my dealership that BMW couldn't 'fit' the bluetooth capability into the convertible due to space limitations. The computer/phone does not have a bluetooth icon to select either. What's up?

Registered Member
    Member No: 69357 bsavino is an unknown quantity at this point bsavino's Avatar

Yes | No

put the phone in discover mode
    turn the key to accessory mode
    let the phone find the car (should say bmw######)
    press ok on the phone, it should ask for the pairing number that came with the car, put it in the phone, it should pair, if it doesnt repeat until it does, then turn the key to off for 1 min

turn the car on and the phone bookshould sync with the car, sometimes takes a few min.

then use the phone...good luck

Bugs

Yes | No

Did you get an answer to this problem? I need help

They couldn't pair my RAZR to the 05 Cab. And they couldn't pair a phone they knew worked on other cars to mine. Anyone have any updates?? We followed the instructions but the phone did not find the car

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information