+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 118242 robinson.de is an unknown quantity at this point robinson.de's Avatar

Yes | No

Day Time Running Lights Confusion

I just found out from a BMW dealer that they can "metricize" my made in US 98 Z3 2.8 by reprogramming it. I have been previously told that I will need to replace a module with a new one ($200). Can anyone tell me which way to go? Has anyone done this to a Z3 before?Dave

Icabob

Yes | No

Try the Z3 board,they should be able to help...

Or see if "knows",knows...lol.He works for bavaria,and seems to be switched on about stuff regarding bimmers.There's a free plug for ya "knows"...lol.

Registered Member
    Member No: 118242 robinson.de is an unknown quantity at this point robinson.de's Avatar

Yes | No

Hey "Knows", can you help?

knows

Yes | No

Re: Hey

Because the instrument cluster already has both KM and MPH on it, only the instrument cluster coding plug needs to be replaced and then the instrument cluster can be recoded. The current odometer reading in miles will be automatically converted to the equivalent amount in KM's. I believe this can only be done at a BMW Dealership, because of the equipment required. You could also purchase a "Canadian" instrument cluster and have it installed if you did not want the dual speed scale. However if you buy used it MUST have lower KM, than your car currently has.

Registered Member

Yes | No

But how about DRL's

Can they reprogram it so that the DRL's are activated? Or do I need to buy a DRL Module and replace the old high beem module?

knows

Yes | No

Re: But how about DRL's

The Z3 is based on E36 technology and can not be just reprogramed. Simply replacing the relay also does not work. We have in the past wired in a Daytime running light relay, which would then have the 'highbeams' on at part power.

Shayne

Yes | No

Re: Day Time Running Lights Confusion

On most OBD II cars they can hook the into the diagnosics port and change parameters such as enable DRL's... they are not allowed to disable this feature in Canada. They can also remove such 'benefits' as the automatic door locking 'feature'.

Shayne
    525iTA

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information