+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 88904 tabhasg is an unknown quantity at this point tabhasg's Avatar

Yes | No

Glendale area question

I just moved to the area and went to Avus for some work. I knew I needed some things done and was told there were a few other things that needed attention. I am now all set to go over there to proceed with the remaining work and now I read a large amount of negative comments on this board about the shop. I am, in a word, confused. Do they charge too much? I have seen the word "shyster" applied. What's up with this place? Should I go there to get this work done (the diagnosis was accurate, it needs to be done) or is there a better place to go? I would like to get good work done for a fair price,but I don't want to pay through the nose especially if everything isn't on the up and up. Everybody has a gripe about a shop at one point or another, I understand that.But is there a problem with Avus? I would really appreciate a no B.S. assessment about how to proceed. Thanks all.735iL 3/90
    Ashland, Or.

Registered Member
    Member No: 23870 fastrak01 is an unknown quantity at this point fastrak01's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Glendale area question

Andrew re-built my engine on my 6 series and did a great job. Alot of my friends have used them with no problems. I would go back to him for any work i would need... curt

Registered Member
    Member No: 123816 pvansickler is an unknown quantity at this point pvansickler's Avatar

Yes | No

Dude,
    Welcome to SoCal. I'm from Eugene and went to school in Klamath Falls. I am too looking for a good shop although I'm further east of Glendale. Let me know of your experience and I hear of somthing, I'll let you know. For used parts, Harout's is the place. They are a BMW junkyard up in Sunland. 818 896-2622.

Peter
    Former 89' 740iL owner
    New 02' M3 owner

GLLA

Yes | No

Went to Avus, spent $1,200; will never go back. Ripoff, overpriced, high pressure for additional work. And the front breaks still squeak.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information