+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 52255 goodvibes is an unknown quantity at this point goodvibes's Avatar

Yes | No

Avus-revisited

Damn good thing i checked out the SoCal message board. I just moved to the glendale/los feliz area. My service contract with assael just went out and was excited to go to avus, any shop has to be better than assael. Then I come here and see the reviews. Now Im stuck. Who knows a good shop in my area?

Registered Member
    Member No: 88904 tabhasg is an unknown quantity at this point tabhasg's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Avus-revisited

Same here M-Lights. I am in the Glendale/Los Feliz Area and I have been to them before. I have to get some serious work done now and I suddenly happened on these really sketchy reviews. They appear to be either totally for or totally against Avus. I liked my experience there but I am not exactly rolling in cash so the bad reviews made me a bit nervous. I am not totally ready to seek work elsewhere, I found a Bosch authorized service center in Burbank and they didn't even know basic stuff about my car. Avus IS well-informed, but are they charging too much?735iL 3/90
    Ashland, Or.

Registered Member
    Member No: 23870 fastrak01 is an unknown quantity at this point fastrak01's Avatar

Yes | No

How much is too much,take it to the dealer and get ripped off there... hey you get what you pay for. always found avus pretty fair..

Phillips

Yes | No

Oh, please don't get me started on Avus!!! :(

Jon '92 325ic

Yes | No

I have had some work done at Avus...

The work was fine; no problems at all. I had them install a new intake manifold, fuel injectors and exhaust manifolds. I brought all the parts though. I think the complaints I've read are that people felt like they were overcharged for unecessary parts/labor. Since I brought in my own parts and inquired beforehand how many hours of labor I'd be charged, I didn't experience this problem and have no complaints. If you know what you want done, you could buy the parts from BMA Autoparts in Glendale and then call and ask how many hours labor they'll charge. As I recall, they charge $85/hr (might have changed though).

There is another shop called the M-Shop in Eagle Rock (http://www.themshop.com). I've never been there, but apparently the owner used to work at Avus.

Registered Member
    Member No: 88904 tabhasg is an unknown quantity at this point tabhasg's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: I have had some work done at Avus...

Thanks Jon and curt, I will continue to go there. BMA is great too. Nice to have them both close by.735iL 3/90
    Ashland, Or.

Harbeer Chahal

Yes | No

Avus has worked on my 97 540i, they did a few thousand bucks of work on it (per my request). Fine service and excellent work.

They picked up my car and gave me a rental, I never even went to their shop or met anyone there. It was all done over the telephone.

I highly reccomend them, and as a shop owner myself, I believe you get what you pay for.

Harbeer Chahal

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information