+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 103091 Turbo_Bimmer is an unknown quantity at this point Turbo_Bimmer's Avatar

Yes | No

Rear brake pads for E30

I would like to have your recommendation for rear brake pads on my E30 (1991).
    Right now I have Hawk HP+ at front and PBR MetalMaster at the rear.
    The rear are worn and need replacement.
    I like the HP+ and would like to have the same at the back, but Hawk don't make anything for the rear of the E30.
    I would like something equivalent to the HP+ in friction to bring back the balance of the braking forces. F/R

This is a week end car, not daily driver, that is used at driving schools and autocrosses.

Thanks.

Registered Member
    Member No: 103091 Turbo_Bimmer is an unknown quantity at this point Turbo_Bimmer's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Rear brake pads for E30

No one have tried performance pads at the rear of a E30?

Registered Member
    Member No: 75406 joelkaplan is an unknown quantity at this point joelkaplan's Avatar

Yes | No

..its always a drag/curious when no one responds.....BUT..I am running an e 30 after years of Z3 stuff.....its not a pure track car but is being built as a DE car w/ little street use. A good match for HP+ are Axxis Ultimates..call Carbotech. I too wanted to run HP+ in frt but I am now leaning toward Carbotech Panther Plus or xp8 or 9..they are more of a race pad but good enough to drive to track on....I also heard HP+ were just so noisy w/ corrosive dust.........

Gerry

Yes | No

Carbotech has 6 different of brake compounds for your E30 front and rear brakes. Talk with Matt and find the best combination for your needs.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information