+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Carlin 96/M44

Yes | No

$$$eattle BMW Dealership

It was time to change fluid in the tranny and differential lift the car on jacks and started to drain the fluids, I do this every 30K...anyway I went thru my inventory of parts everything was there except the differential drain plugs washers or seals (usually buy them by the dozen). I cringed when I must go to my nearest BMW dealership ($eattle BMW), for a good reason they always charge more than anyone else for service and parts. I needed those washers and drove the 40 minutes to Seattle, while there (dealership) decided to purchased an engine accessory drive belt plus the washers. The washers and belt were more than bargain for, but I was there to buy. Got home and I started to question the price for the above items,...made few calls to the other dealers and guess what $eattle BMW did it again, I was charged $1.05 ea. for the washers, the other dealers asking price $0.50ct ea. and the belt was $4.00 more than other dealers. Sorry I just wanted to vent!!

LonnieB

Yes | No

Re: $$$eattle BMW Dealership

For what it's worth...I've found Bellevue BMW to have descent prices for the parts I purchase for my 1989 750il....

regards,
    LB

Carlin 96/M44

Yes | No

I do all the car maintenance my self, but

on emergencies for service or parts I try to schedule with Northwest BMW in Fife (1 1/2 hr drive)for me, they are the cheapest in town. If not, I do order almost everything from Pelican parts.

Jim Derrig 93 750

Yes | No

Use Autosport (Westlake Ave) for parts

Carlin 96/M44

Yes | No

Thanks for the info.

Registered Member
    Member No: 101858 waapples99 is an unknown quantity at this point waapples99's Avatar

Yes | No

tell me about it....

my front blinker light bulb went out and wanted to buy the bulb from them, as i walked in w/ bulb & socket holding on my hands, the parts dude told me that i need to replace the whole set together, that's bulb & socket, and i was like, "why do i need to change the socket?" he replied "oh... i see many of those sockets go bad."

hmmmm... the socket has nothing to do with burned out bulb, and i asked him, "don't you think it would be a smarter idea if we trouble shoot to change the bulb first? ((duh! no brainer there!))" and he goes okay, it would be $10.xx for the damn bulb! i walked off and ended up purchaing the bulb from the local auto parts store.

i almost don't want to deal with dealer service dept anymore... they aren't like honda service dept.....

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information