+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 79633 streetdoc is an unknown quantity at this point streetdoc's Avatar

Yes | No

Stereo question Concord/Charlotte area

Anyone recommend a car stereo shop in the Concord NC area that knows BMW systems. Looking to add some bass, just wasted money and time on Basslink DIY install. 1998 528i/SP/5spSalisbury, NC
    1998 528i/5 SP Alpine White/Grey

Registered Member
    Member No: 33285 88m53453 is an unknown quantity at this point 88m53453's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Stereo question Concord/Charlotte area

what went wrong on the basslink ? not enough bass ?

Registered Member
    Member No: 79633 streetdoc is an unknown quantity at this point streetdoc's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Stereo question Concord/Charlotte area (long)

The Basslink just doesn't provide enough clean bass through the heavily insulated trunk on my e39. I even cut out the ski-boot! I went to a local stereo shop and they looked at the car and agreed with everyone (or almost everyone) on the boards that it is asking alot of the Basslink to overcome the engineering of this car. I listened to an e46 that this shop had done with a modest amp and sub in an enclosure sealed/mounted against the seat bulkhead; it sounded pretty good, much better performance than the Basslink. I'm 44, but still listen to some rock, classical/opera, and even some alternative music. I don't need to shake the windows, but I do want to be able to turn it up and enjoy when I want. The Basslink just didn't do that...it would be great in the back of my Expedition. Salisbury, NC
    1998 528i/5 SP Alpine White/Grey

Steve Haygood

Yes | No

thanks

Those issues on the e39 probably won't be factor on my e28M5 when the time comes...hope not anyway

southeastx5

Yes | No

Re: thanks

Streetdoc -
    Call Freeman's. They do BMW integration all the time and have a location in Concord.

http://www.freemanscarstereo.com/fcsnetlocations.htm

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information