+ Reply to Thread
    Mr. Ed

Yes | No

Stay away from Bavarian Workshop (used to be

BMW Independent Workshop, but still on Alabama Avenue in Canoga Park, CA). The guy who runs the place is a shady as an Oak Tree. Recently had my intake manifold gaskets replaced by someone else. I go to these shysters at Bavarian Workshop for other work; when Mr. Shady calls says he needed to change the same intake gaskets--but of course he "already replaced" them after advising what the problem was--and refuses to produce the "old" gaskets or show any invoices for the new ones he claims he put in. Pleaded with the dickhead that I needed some evidence so I can go back to the last place for some kind of adjustment, but he still refuses and says to pay the invoice or he's keeping the car. The California Bureau of Auto Repair ought to shut this guy down.

Registered Member
    Member No: 42873 and321cue is an unknown quantity at this point and321cue's Avatar

Yes | No

Damn, that IS shady

I don't know if the drive is too far for you, but Bavarian Autotechs in Fullerton is a great shop. I don't live in OC anymore, but if I did, even if I live in LA, I'd go back to them. They only work on BMWs and nothing else. Great work and knows each of their cars well, so chances are, if you take it back in, they can tell the problem within 10 minutes.

The owners, John and Manfred are both very honest guys. They graduated from technical schools back home in Germany and I believe John used to run the service shop at Saddleback BMW.

If you have the time or feel like making the drive, check them out.
    Ian

Registered Member
    Member No: 120892 varno is an unknown quantity at this point varno's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Stay away from Bavarian Workshop (used to be

I beleive it's also illegal for him NOT to provide you with your old parts at your request....

JerryM

Yes | No

You must be talking about Mark. He's your

instant best friend when you need some help. But like most crooked shops, they hate an informed customer (like most of us on these boards). As long as you're dumb, stupid and have money to spend he's real good at the convincing "you need to get it now or else" speech. What's interesting, is this shyster is also a Dinan shop just like them boneheads who run Avus in Glendale (another shady shop). What's up with Steve Dinan? He really outta protect his company bettter than let these crooked shops sell his stuff... just my .02

Registered Member
    Member No: 15315 PorscheMaster is an unknown quantity at this point PorscheMaster's Avatar

Yes | No

Agree With What U and others said

he loves to rip people off.

Los Angeles, California

SPECS:
    '99 Convertible
    Imola Red/black/black
    LTW ///M wheels
    6 disc changer

Puka

Yes | No

Re: Damn, that IS shady

What he has done is illegal. You should file a report (and let him know that you are doing this) with California Department of Auto Repair -- also notify BBB, and State Attorney General. AAA too.

zevik

Yes | No

Re: Stay away from Bavarian Workshop (used to be

i know prick, it's a pity that it's a Dinan shop too. Mark Norris is a shady mofo, tried to rip me off too.

Mr. Ed

Yes | No

Yeah, that's him! ...he's one crooked POS

Registered Member
    Member No: 123816 pvansickler is an unknown quantity at this point pvansickler's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Yeah, that's him! ...he's one crooked POS

Any recommendations for a Great Shop? Right now I'm using the dealership (ASSEAL)which isn't that great but that all I am comfortable with at this point. I'm up by Monrovia.

Mr. Ed

Yes | No

Bavarian Workshop -- Update!

Had a long talk with a shop rep today, and happy to report that all issues have been clarified and resolved. Nothing more than a big misunderstanding on my part, plus I think both of us were having bad days which further complicated things. So, please DISREGARD my original comments above and remember if you need experienced bimmer shop in the Valley, the Bavarian Workshop is the place to go.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information