+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    , , United States
    Member No: 110244 ryanSFcabrio is an unknown quantity at this point ryanSFcabrio's Avatar
    Yes | No

business cd ... and ... ipod

i have an in-dash single-DIN blaupunkt am/fm stereo with single-disc cd player (part # 65 12 6 909 884) from a z3 that i put in my e30 cabrio ... also have the first generation IPOD ... besides the fm transmitter route that i wanna avoid big time ... is there an easy way to hardwire my ipod to the rear of the head unit? ... definitely a luddite here regarding audio ... just wanna use my ipod and hoping some kinda setup would also show the graphics on the fascia of the head unit, too ... maybe charge the ipod also ... any insight here? ... much appreciated

alpine white 1992 325iC m technic
    alpine white 1995 525iT

, ,

Yes | No

Re: business cd ... and ... ipod

from my knowledge of car audio only recent pioneer/premier and alpine have the ipod connector kits (that go through the back of the head unit)
    and as you probably know, the recent bimmers come with those doo hickies that do it as well....
    anyway i HEARD controlling the ipod through the actual head units of alpine's is horrible, the user interface wasn't well thought out or something like that
    i had a 4g 40 gig and was seriously thinking about the connector, but i returned the ipod haha
    all in all, blaupunkt's time has gone i believe
    but that's from a premier fan :)
    although the matching amber lights are nice

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information