+ Reply to Thread
    Almendro

Yes | No

Radio set-up

HI

Although I have an original radio installed, which is working really fine, I want to add a modern one. So I want to keep the orig. one in the place where it is installed at the moment, as well as keeping it working.

So now my qestion is: has someone done this before? Where did you hide the radio or did you replace the orig. one? How did you solve the speaker problem. 'cause mine only has one speaker (over the speedometer) and one (not original one) mounted on the hatrack (behind the rear seats, under the window).

I don't want to set up a show performance audio installation, but I want to have descent sound, which means, a modern CD/MP3-player (most likely black), with 2 front, 2 rear speakers (2 or 3 way) and maybe a (small) subwoofer-box in the trunk.

regards
    Christoph

Clarence

Yes | No

Re: Radio set-up

I put the radio where the ash tray used to be fit perfectly email me for more details

Registered Member
    Member No: 47050 markokamargo is an unknown quantity at this point markokamargo's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Radio set-up

i have heard that it is possible to mount 6x9's facing forward under the rear seats. that should give you decent bass with an amp.

my 72 bavaria has 4" speakers in the kick panels and it sounds fairly well.

i don't know about relocating the head unit, though.

marko
    72 bavaria
    sacramento, CA

Registered Member
    Member No: 35739 siscotroia is an unknown quantity at this point siscotroia's Avatar

Yes | No

My Radio set-up

HEllo!
    I have a 3,3L automatic and a factory installed becker Grand prix with only the radio receiver( no cassette player....).
    When the radio loss its will to live , I looked at this site:

Belgium autoradio enthusiast , it's in french , but search for MP3 stuff

I removed the radio, I made the connector/adapter for Mp3 Player and I re-bolt the radio.
    The results are:
    The car seems original
    You will only notice the wire/adapter when the golvebox is open
    You will receive good signal despite I still have 3 original speakers,
    You will listen to good music, if MP3 file-rate is good( always over 192kbps ).

The Din connector, the wires and the MP3-jack costed me about 3-4 euro, the MP3 player was a gift....

This is the solution if You like to keep the car as original as possible...
    Hope this helps
    Francesco from italy

Registered Member
    Member No: 117089 exoticas2 is an unknown quantity at this point exoticas2's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: My Radio set-up

on mine i bought a used radio bracket for the dash so i could keep the orginal one in the storage room in the house with radio intact did not cut any wires in the dash cut the other radio bracket so i could put in a bluapunkt cd and put 500 watt amp in the trunk with a sub a 300 watt amp for front speakers and a nother 300 watt amp for rear speakers rear speakers on the floor in boxes sub in the trunk in a box front speakers in plastic boxes with very tiny holes drilled into the kick panel so if you were to take anything out no one could tell it was there turns heads every where i go

Almendro

Yes | No

Re: My Radio set-up

Do you have maybe pictures of the setup, specially the front and rear speakers?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information